Skip to content

You are here: Home / Academic information / Administrative procedures / Issuing of the degree certificate

Issuing of the degree certificate

Preliminary information

Once you have fulfilled the requirements of your degree, you have the right to request that your official university degree certificate and European Diploma Supplement be issued.

The personal details on the documents that you will have to fill in must be those on your National Identity Document (DNI), if you are Spanish, or passport, if you are foreign. Identity documents and passports must be current.


Once your academic record is final, you must go to the academic secretary’s office to check the details on the application form and sign it. The personal details must be the same as those on your DNI or passport.

You must attach a photocopy of your current DNI or passport to your application.

To be issued the degree certificate, you will have to pay the fee that is set annually in the Catalan government’s Decree on Fees. You can pay by credit card at the secretary’s office or in cash at any branch of CaixaBank.

Once you have paid the fee, you will be issued a document that proves you have applied for the degree certificate.

You must apply yourself or authorise another person to do so. This person must bring the signed authorisation form and photocopies of your identity document and his or her own.



You will receive an e-mail when your degree certificate is ready for collection. This e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address in your academic record.



You can collect your degree certificate during the office hours specified in the e-mail. You will need to show your current DNI or passport.

If you are unable to collect it personally, you can authorise another person to do it for you by means of a notarised power of attorney or a certified copy of it.

If you live in a province other than Barcelona or abroad, and you have access to your e-Secretaria, you can ask for it to be sent to a local government office or the Spanish embassy or consulate in the country in which you live, once you have paid the fee set by the Board of Trustees to this effect.